- What does guarded mean?
- What does it mean to have guarded eyes?
- What is a guarded prognosis?
- Why is a person guarded?
- What is worse guarded or critical condition?
- What is the opposite of guarded?
- What is another word for guarded?
- What does it mean when a woman is guarded?
- What does guarded mean in mental health?
- What does extremely guarded mean?
- What does noncommittal mean?
What does guarded mean?
The definition of guarded is being cautious or nervous about something or what is going to happen, or is not openly jumping into something..
What does it mean to have guarded eyes?
British English: guarded ADJECTIVE. If you describe someone as guarded, you mean that they are careful not to show their feelings or give away information. The boy gave him a guarded look. American English: guarded.
What is a guarded prognosis?
Guarded prognosis refers to a prognosis given by a physician when the outcome of a patient’s illness is in doubt. The definition is from the “Taber’s Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary,” published by F.
Why is a person guarded?
Reasons people can become overly guarded They’re embarrassed about their secrets and flaws and are trying to save face by hiding them. This can be a side effect of a lack of social success.
What is worse guarded or critical condition?
* Serious (also poor or guarded): The patient is acutely ill with questionable outlook. Vital signs may be unstable or not within normal limits. A chance for improved outlook. * Critical: Questionable outlook. Vital signs are unstable or not within normal limits.
What is the opposite of guarded?
Opposite of watchful, especially for danger or disorder. asleep. inattentive. off guard. Adjective.
What is another word for guarded?
SYNONYMS FOR guarded 1 wary, watchful, chary, circumspect, vigilant.
What does it mean when a woman is guarded?
A girl who is guarded is a girl who has loved and loved deeply. She’s put her heart, her soul on the line in the past only to come back empty handed. She’s risked everything for something, for someone and come back not only empty handed, but scarred.
What does guarded mean in mental health?
Guarded refers to a patient and his removal of knowledge something like the prognosis. Therefore prognosis is a prediction of the probable course and outcome of a disease.
What does extremely guarded mean?
1 : cautious, circumspect. 2 : being an extremely serious condition with uncertain outcome was in guarded condition after the crash.
What does noncommittal mean?
giving no clear indication of1 : giving no clear indication of attitude or feeling a noncommittal reply He was noncommittal about how the money would be spent. 2 : having no clear or distinctive character a noncommittal word which might be used of anything from babies to furnaces— J. C. Swaim.